Tuesday, March 14, 2017

VIDEO - White Spar on the CA2

This is a rather lengthy video of a rather short ride. 

I'm including about 2.5 minutes (beginning) of climbing up the White Spars because folks have asked "what is it like when you're climbing?" Answer? Slow and not really interesting except for the hordes of motorcyclists. 

This is a useful training route to the extent that a) there is some climbing, b) the descents require some technical skill. 

Note, during the last six minutes or so, that I employ a descending position that I call `the luge.' It simply allows me to become more aerodynamic. I usually `luge' when I'm on extended descents and exceeding 34 mph.

The Garmin Virb G-Metrix data flashes in and out of the video.  Not sure why.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1MJ_eSArgI&feature=youtu.be

2 comments:

  1. Dan, I live in north Scottsdale and I am planning to ride, for the first time, from my home to Prescott. I am not at all familiar with the roads on which I will be riding but your blog posts and videos have given me a lot of information for which I am very appreciative. I normally do my longer rides on Sunday beginning very early in the morning in order to avoid traffic. Do you think Sunday Is the best day to ride route 89 in order to avoid traffic or would i be better off riding it during the week? It looks to me like route 89 may draw more traffic on the weekend because of recreational related activities then it does during the week for work related activities. Thank you very much for your assistance. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jim ... Your points are all on target. In my experience Wednesdays are the days with the least traffic on 89.

    ReplyDelete