Sunday, April 22, 2018

I'll Stop Failing When I Stop Trying - 3 Medals for 2017

Despite several disappointing outcomes to my 2017 cycling year there were a few silver linings.  

The World Ultra Cycling Association (formerly the UltraMarathon Cycling Association) sent me three medals for events they sponsored during 2017.  

One is the `Hard Ass' Champion for male recumbent cyclists age 70 and over.  To think it took me 72 years to get a medal for something that has been a core component of my character ... well.  


One is for the `Mile Eater' Challenge for male recumbent cyclists age 70 and over.  I didn't know there was a challenge for that.  But I'll take it.


And finally one is for the 24 Hour Challenge for male recumbent cyclists age 70 and over.  I think this one is for the World Time Trial Challenge in Borrego Springs, CA, in November 2017.  


And here is the essential disclosure.  I think I was the only `Male Recumbent Cyclist age 70 and over' to even enter these events.  In other words, `to enter is to win.'  

On the one hand I love getting cool medals, plaques and awards.  On the other hand I feel sort of like a fourth grader who showed up at school on the same day everybody got an attendance award for simply being there.  

I'm hoping for more `Male Recumbent Cyclists age 70 and over' to share these awards.  

Way cool.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Dan. That is impressive regardless of the number of competitors!

    ReplyDelete