Thursday, December 22, 2016

Wet, Windy, Wild Way to Climb My Way into Winter.

A fitting way to start the winter. 

3,488 feet of climbing on the 25 mile return leg of a 50 mile out and back.  Most of the climbing done in the last 13 miles of the route.  


Temp dropped 20F, a driving rain, cold SE crosswind the last 15 miles of climbing. Lots of 8+% grades. Road excellent. I felt like I had been in a fight - and won - by the time I finished. 

The descent wasn't as boring as it usually is because of the challenge of the driving wind and rain.  Still, managed to push 48+ mph for a good bit.  The steeply reclined (4 degrees) position, use of the ``Luge / Bobsled' ' position , the Railgun seat, tiller and `handlebar on my chest' technique delivered the results I want.  


1 comment:

  1. You are a gluten for punishment but this is fun to watch

    ReplyDelete