Monday, August 12, 2024

Big change/improvement in training.

Although I live in a wonderful, mountainous and rural location I am spending more time on indoor training.

When I train outdoors I spend hours in preparation and clean up: driving to/from, obsessing about how the bike is mechanically ready, hydration/nutrition; dressing for heat, cold, terrain. 

Currently, indoors, I'm spending the same or more time on the stationary bike; adding modest weight lifting to my aging fitness needs; using the indoor rower that exercises many different muscle groups. 

Though I may not be training on very challenging hills (or drumming my fingers for tens of minutes while I descend those hills) I think this current regimen is better for my fitness and overall health. 

And I spend less on gas. I spend more time with my wife. I have time and energy left over for reading and studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment