Monday, September 6, 2010

UltraMidwest 24 Hour Race

‎24 hours after the UltraMidwest 24 Hr Race. Glad to be (oldest) one of the 4 who did it all and proud to have earned the UltraMidwest 2010 Men's Recumbent Champion trophy. Hardest part turned out to be sleep dep. Cold, windy, hilly and long. Uncomfortable, but not a show-stopper.

Official miles are 332.  Add in the `bonus' miles for getting lost 3 times and it comes to 360 miles. 

As this was an unsupported race (i.e., no crew) I provided my own food and fluids.  I decided to ditch the `all liquid' idea after a disastrous Race Across the West experience.  Instead, this time I ate anything that didn't eat me back.  I shocked myself at how `much' I ate.  Sandwiches, cookies, dozens of turkey hot dog wieners.  All went down well and stayed there.  Good energy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment