Tuesday, November 30, 2010

From a post on a recumbent bike forum.  I stated that I thought I could beat my previous times on several challenging routes on a front wheel drive recumbent bike:

           "Again, Dan I think you are deluding yourself. Only after you have recreated your epic Arizona rides and have data which shows this advantage will I no longer be skeptical. You are chasing the fountain of youth."

My reply:

Dear God NO!!

If there is such a thing as reincarnation I want to come back having skipped the first 45 years of life. And while I'm on this bent (oo!) I'd like to come back as one of the following: dung beetle, cockroach, ant. But that's another story.

  • And, yes! I delude myself frequently.
  • Also, I work with some diligence toward contradiction.
  • Double standards are my due, given my age.
  • I think intelligence is overrated and organizational skills are what keep most of us fed and clothed every day.
  • Denial is something I do but try to avoid thinking about. 
And I like ice cream bars with chocolate.

I'm o.k. with being serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment