Saturday, January 1, 2011

Time to drop the weight ...

From September to last night I purposely ignored watching what I ate or drank. Fortunately, I'm not excessive by nature. But it was nice to `get off the treadmill' of that.

Today is January 1st and not a bad time to begin exercising some restraint and judgment.

  • I'm going to miss my eggs and bacon.
  • Goodbye to a nice shot of single malt every now and then.
  • Two of things instead of just one of them.
  • Getting up in the middle of the night and happily noshing while I check email.

Goodbye, old friends.

  • A conscious mental calculation of caloric intake v outgo.
  • Down one or two lbs per week ... MAX.
  • More discipline across several domains in my life.

It will probably cause me to delude myself into thinking I'm pushing back the pale of morbidity and mortality.

I'll probably get hit by an 18 wheeler and decorate the front grill of a Mack truck. BUT ... the upside is that such a fate is better than a nursing home.

And I feel like I've contributed to one of my favorite interests: archaeology. I have two titanium teeth. I can't wait to be discovered a few millions years from now. But ... of course, I'll have to wait.

Down, now, to the `cellar to spank igor'.

Ninety minutes of fat burning aerobics.

No comments:

Post a Comment