Sunday, April 10, 2011

Angry

After a long cold winter, and committed to not making things even more depressing with insane indoor training ... along comes the slow start of spring's warm and agreeable weather. 

Last September I rode 360 miles in 24 hours and felt great afterwords.  Today I rode 61 miles in 4:40 and feel twitchy, deeply fatigued and ... angry.  Angry that I have to climb this painful wall of getting fit again.  Takes months just to approximate the fitness I had last year.

City - Silvio

Getting out of Chicago, the grim isolation of winters.

Anger is a good source of motivation.

I'm very, very motivated!

1 comment:

  1. Dan,
    It is really refreshing that you are so honest about the struggles of getting back in shape after a very brutal winter. Looking forward to hearing about the Vendetta when it arrives.
    John

    ReplyDelete