Friday, April 15, 2011

Update: Training and Events

It's 80% `time' and 20% 'cheap Scot.' 

I've just had to bite the bullet and recognize that I'm not willing to take the time away from other areas of my life for the purposeof training for the spring schedule of events I've lined up. 

I prepared a spreadsheet of cycling training, events, miles travelled, time spent driving, cost of food, etc., for the 6 weeks of training and events from April 17 to May 22nd and came up with a cost of $ 1,427, 2,823 miles travelled, consuming 62.1 hours of driving time and 249 hours of time training and racing on the bike.  None of this includes the many, many hours of reduced energy and sharpness I need for my family and work. 

So, I'm going to ride from my house in Chicago on the least dangerous roads as often as possible.  I may participate in the Balltown Classic. 

With the rest of my time I'll devote to family, my work, getting the house ready to sell, showing the house to prospective buyers, packing up to move to AZ no later than July 15th, and finalizing the renovation plans for our house in AZ. 

Better to do important things well than to do them poorly.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment