Thursday, July 21, 2011

Attacked by tumbleweeds ...

After a few hours of shakedown and dialing in the gearing I managed to get out for 25 miles of gently rolling hills (max 3%), out and back today.  First time on the bike in probably 3 weeks.  Rode the high plateau road from Chino Valley to just past Paulden and into the northerly section of the Prescott National Forest.  Great road, good shoulder.  Still when out in the AZ high desert and heat I use tire liners between the tire and the tube to add that extra margin against flats.

I certainly need to get back into regular training because I was feeling a little tired at the end of the ride.  Fortunately, it is very likely that this will be the most consistent and potentially challenging training I've ever been able to do in my life.

A pretty stiff westerly wind whipped up something I've never encountered before: an `attack' of tumbleweeds being blown across the road.  Started looking for Roy Rogers, Gene Autrey ...

No comments:

Post a Comment