Monday, November 11, 2013

I Need Something Hard To Do.

The active cycling season closed out for me on November 3rd with a 52 mile race.  Literally, the next day I began what will be a 6 week dental repair process.  Some things just have to get taken care of or they will have bad outcomes.

I really didn't mind sitting in the dentist's chair for 6 hours over 3 days this past week.  And I'm not dreading the rest.  Frankly, at this point, I'd be fine if it were compressed into consecutive 10 hour days.  Get it over with.

Here's the problem: I have nothing to be tired from!

Sleep is less deep and fulfilling.  My appetite remains but it is clear that I'm taking in more calories than I'm using.  I'm experiencing a sense of `anxiousness' that is quite uncomfortable.  But my mood and temperament are good. 

I have made `to do' lists and completed many of the tasks long delayed, neglected and deferred.  Although the tasks I've identified are meaningful and important (and in some cases challenging) they don't really get my full attention.  Why is that?

"Compared to what?"  Compared to cycling. 

Cycling has become something of a `major process' for me over the past few years.

To say that I have learned from my cycling is an emphatic understatement.  To say that cycling engages me physically, athletically, intellectually and emotionally is, as well, an emphatic understatement. 

At this point I recognize that this blog post could become unwieldy and boring to read.  So I'll `suspend' this monologue for a while. 



No comments:

Post a Comment