Thursday, November 29, 2018

One ... More ... Time: Weight Loss

Short post. 

A week after Thanksgiving (2018) and it is time to set goals for rational weight loss.  Thirty pounds by June 2019.  No goal is worthy if it is too easy.  Neither is it smart to set foolish goals.  Knowing the difference usually comes at the deadline date.  

The last year has seen me off the bike for months and months at a time.  Natural aging may also have reduced set metabolism.  Consumption of comfort food ... well, that is a given.

I'm not really paying much attention to the weight scale.  I'll know when I look and feel thinner.  But I am paying attention to what I am NOT eating.  For me, that is the key element.  My diet is healthy ... it's just that I eat too much.  

Punishing myself with radically restricted eating ... won't work.  The rubber band effect.

Smaller portions.  

Cucumber instead of bread.

Sardines in water instead of crackers. 

Seltzer water with a twist of lemon or lime.  

No alcohol.  

Don't buy it if I shouldn't eat it.  (`Stimulus reduction.')


No comments:

Post a Comment