Sunday, January 6, 2019

A Challenge To My Peers - Knock Me Off My Perch

I'll be 73 in a few weeks.  And I'm not much of an athlete.  Never have been.

But I've been getting medals and awards for the past three years for what I consider to be unspectacular athletic achievements.  I'm the only 70+ year old recumbent cyclist to enter a few events, even though I finished none of them.

It is embarrassing. 

So I'd like to invite men and women in my age group (60+ years) to enter cycling events that are accredited by the World Ultra Cycling Association (WUCA). Knock me off my perch.  

2019 is shaping up to be a challenging cycling year.  Pace Bend 24 Hour in February.  Inyo Double in March.  Bessie's Creek in April.  24 Hours in The Canyon in June.  A cross-state effort in July.  NCOM in October.  And the World Time Trials (Borrego Springs) in November.  A few others in between.

The World Ultra Cycling Association (WUCA) offers cyclists of all ages, genders and platforms (standard, recumbent, etc) a wide variety of opportunities to set goals and participate in challenging and healthy activities.  

I hope my peers take me up on this challenge so that I don't wind up being the only entrant, and thus the recipient of awards that are embarrassing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment