Saturday, June 8, 2019

Robot

In a few days I'll experience another medical miracle: knee replacement.  Second one in less than a year.  

The right knee has seen about 5,000 miles and 140,000 feet of climbing since it was `installed' in August of '18.  Radical -- RADICAL -- improvement.  Though I experience fatigue from muscles and ligament there isn't a hint of pain. 

If the rehab for the left knee goes as well as that of the right knee I'll be on the trainer in a few days and on the road in about 3 weeks.  

There is no question that I am fortunate.  

  • I have the time to invest in bicycling.  
  • I have, though modest, a lifestyle and budget that permits investment in cycling related things.  
  • I have a family that values the fact that cycling is my `fun.'  
  • There is a medical establishment that has perfected joint replacement.  
  • I have Medicare.  



No comments:

Post a Comment