Thursday, June 20, 2019

The Rest Is Up To Me

I really have no problem with the fact that I'm getting old.  `Whining' is what people do when they have no plan to fix a problem.  `Complaining' is necessary to identify and address problems, so that we know what the problem is and can get to work solving it.  

I can't `solve' aging.  But I can work to lessen the impact of the inevitable and increase and maximize the capacity and potential I have.  

I had two knees that wore out.  Eighteen marathons in my 30's, genetic loading for arthritis and decades of ultracycling.  So I had the worn out knees replaced with metal and plastic, completely eliminating this problem. 

Resting heart rate in the mid-40's.  Blood pressure spot on at 130/70.  Good weight for my body type.  

What remains is the wisdom that 70+ years of living has earned me.  Balance.  

  • A wonderful family I can barely believe I have.  
  • Work that is good, engaging and a real contribution to the welfare of others.  
  • A genuine joy of bicycling on the recumbent.  

Training is the effective method to be competitive in cycling.  The road is clear.  

And it is up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment