Monday, September 9, 2013

Sleep is a Good Thing

In the run up to this coming Sunday's Skull Valley Loop Challenge my training schedule made last week the `heavy' week for workouts.  And `heavy' it was.  My last workout was yesterday.  So, after doing the 20 Mile Descending Time Trial  my wife and I had a nice brunch and did some local touring of beautiful Arizona.

Returning home around 2pm I was unable to keep from nodding off the minute I sat down for the rest of the day and evening.

Today started the `taper' of light training in advance the Challenge.

I got up later than usual this morning, did some household chores and made a week's worth of my "grim concoction" of vegetables, fruit, protein, wheat germ and lemon concentrate in the VitaMix blender. 

But I kept nodding off.  DEEP nodding off.

I finally gave up the battle and went back to bed and slept for three more hours.

If my body had a brain it would send me a `thank you' gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment