Thursday, February 25, 2016

Steep Climb - 2016 Cycling Events

I really enjoyed flatland riding and training since the 12-24 Hour World Time Trials in Borrego Springs last November.  Borrego Springs is on the calendar again for 2016.  So many good things going for it.   But I doubt I'll do Bike Sebring next year.  Decent challenge but just too far away and too many logistical demands.  Sebring - A Road Too Far
 
Twelve days back from Sebring and today was my first time out on the bike since then.   Spent the time off the bike catching up on things I neglected. 
 
My criteria for cycling events for the remainder of the year include:
  • Don't conflict with work or family responsibilities
  • Within driving distance (600 miles or so)
  • Not on dangerous roads
  • Ultra but not too ultra (300 miles or 16 hours or less) 
This is the tentative 2016 cycling calendar:
Only one event (Hoodoo 300) will require crewing support. 
 
Lots of work ahead.  Drop weight.  Dial in the bikes for climbing events. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment