Monday, November 5, 2012

Heartbeat and persistance

I haven't been to the UMCA website for ages. I just clicked there and looked up `me' and when my membership needs to be renewed. Then I checked my `standings.'  I didn't know they kept track of me.  (UMCA - My 2012 Standings)

Here are some pleasant but still somewhat surprising World standings for me:

  • I am ranked #1 for male age 60-69 recumbents Race Standings by Division;
  • I am ranked #1 for male age 60-69 recumbent World Cup Division Standings;
  • I am ranked #1 for male age 60-69 recumbent 24 Hour Division Standings;
  • I am ranked #2 for male age 60-69 recumbent UltraCycling Cup Division Standings;
  • I am ranked # 22 for male 24-hour Overall Standings;
  • I am ranked # 39 for male World Cup Overall Standings;
  • I am ranked # 58 for male UltraCycling Cup Overall Standings.
Surprised because there seems to be so few guys my age on recumbents entering UMCA events.
Pleasant because I've had what I consider to be a good `learning' year but bad `performance' year.

So, the challenges for 2013 are to:
  1. stay alive
  2. apply my learnings
  3. substantially improve my performance.
Gotta admit: this is sooooo funny.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a better than expected year my friend!

    ReplyDelete