Saturday, September 5, 2015

Vulture Mine Road - Desert Magnificence

It is worth it. 

An hour and a half south of Prescott and about 3,500 feet lower lies a spectacular 80 mile out-and-back training course.  Great road.  Almost no vehicles.  Amazing, mesmerizing desert beauty. 

I did 58 miles.  It was hot (100F+).  Absolutely deserted.  Not a soul.  Almost windless.  Brilliant, pillow clouds.  Saguaros.  Ocotillo.  Cattle roaming.  Vultures soaring above.  Critters scittering across the burning road.  Immensely silent. 

Vulture Mine Road - 58 Miles - August 5 2015







































1 comment:

  1. Dan, how wonderful the pictures are. And just as I clicked onto your blog, Anna called to talk about our visit. I will be in Yellowstone before Prescott. Family tremor prevents any good photos by me, but I can cadge some from my sister during the YNP phase of my trip. I am looking forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete