Sunday, April 24, 2016

Utah Gran Fondo on the Bacchetta Ti Aero

I rode the Planet Ultra Zion Gran Fondo in Utah yesterday.  My primary purpose in this event was to assess the characteristics of the road (chip seal) and general terrain in preparation for the Hoodoo 300 in August.  


The Planet Ultra folks put on a very well supported and well routed event.  I plan to do more of their events this year.  As usual, I was the only recumbent cyclist.  As well as the oldest rider.  

In all respects it was a worthwhile experience.  Good road quality.  Terrain (climbing, i.e.) not a problem.  Though I'll make some gearing changes for the Hoodoo 300 I was more than well prepared on the Bacchetta Ti Aero with the double (50/34) up front and ten speed cassette (11/32) in back.  

Fortunately no flat tire(s).  Michelin ProRace 3s with a tire liner.  

I will likely use both the Bacchetta Ti Aero and Bacchetta CA2 in the August event.  Gearing on the CA2 will be 58/42 up front with a ten speed 11/36 in back.  The bigger chain ring setup in the front will allow faster descents before I `spin out' (around 120 rpm). Tiller, R2C levers and Kent Polk Railgun seat on both.  


Bacchetta Ti Aero

No comments:

Post a Comment