Sunday, August 21, 2011

Four Week Block Data

Elevation Correction is a Garmin setting that I had inadvertently disabled when I was training in the flatlands.  I recently discovered this function and applied it to the training over the past four weeks and came up with a significantly different number.  I'm correcting the climbing figures below.  ("Garmin Connect selectively applies corrections to depict a more realistic representation of your elevation experience.")

WEEK 1:
Hrs trained:   7.33 hours
Miles:  79.26
Feet of climbing: 8,510

WEEK 2:
Hrs trained:   11.6 hours
Miles:  133.3
Feet of climbing: 13,525

WEEK 3:
Hrs trained:   16 hours
Miles:  162.5
Feet of climbing: 17,379

WEEK 4:
Hrs trained:   13 hours
Miles:  158
Feet of climbing: 14,760

Very unlike previous training in the midwest my 4-week block miles are down (533) and my climbing is up (54,174).  That averages to 101.6 feet of climbing per mile, or an `average' 1.92% incline.  Grade Percent Incline And Downgrade Calculator


1 comment:

  1. Yes I like your perspective of showing feet of climbing because of its relevancy here as we discussed. You might want to think about shortening your training blocks. Coaches having experience with mature athletes say shorter training blocks tend to be more productive for the mature athlete.

    ReplyDelete