Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Indoor training and survival ...

Concluding that I'll have to cut back on the 90 mile drives back and forth to a good place to train on weekends. Too much time, too cold. So how do I get in the long hours of training without losing motivation?

Over the cold months I'll be using the elliptical and Concept2 indoor rower as well as the CompuTrainer. These are good and useful pieces of equipment. The elliptical, especially, is a good lower body workout that simulates and works many of the same muscles as the recumbent bike.

More later but I'll probably be putting together several 6, 12, 18 and 24 hour workouts over the next five or six months of indoor work. Likely, as well, to rotate among platforms during the long workouts so as to remain motivated. Less motivation ultimately results in less time training, no matter how you slice it.

When I put together the next Phase of training on Excel I'll post it with a link.

There have been times when, on the CompuTrainer, I'd finish a 5 or 6 hour workout and I'd want to get completely drunk in order to erase the memory! Never did that but ...